TumiBee Golden Milk Donuts
Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? Not wellness influencer Patricia Menegoto (IG: @patriciamenegoto)! Check out this delicious and healthier version of a donut made with TumiBee. Have your dessert and health as well!
*See our Instagram Reels for a video of the recipe
6 tablespoons coconut oil melted and warmed
1/4 cup TumiBee
2/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
1 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour (renewalmill)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*Add applesauce, coconut sugar or honey for additional sweetness. Taste batter to check for sweetness level and add accordingly.
Dark Chocolate Glaze
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (pascha)
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon cashew butter or almond butter (I used cashew)
1) Preheat oven to 350º F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add warm coconut oil, TumiBee, almond milk, vanilla and eggs and whisk until well combined.
3) Add baking flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt and continue whisking until there are no clumps left from the baking flour.
4) Spray the donut pan with coconut or avocado oil spray.
5) Add the donut batter to a large plastic bag and snip off a 3/4 inch hole at the corner to use a piping bag.
6) Pipe the batter into the donut pan.
7) Bake donuts for 10-12 minutes.
8) Allow to cool before glazing and decorating.
1) Melt the vegan dark chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop using a double boiler.
2) Stir in 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of cashew butter. If the mixture is too thin, add an extra 1 tablespoon of nut butter. If the mixture is too thick, add an additional 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
3) Dip each donut top side down into the glaze, and then pull out and set on a rack.
4) Before the glaze sets, decorate with toasted coconut and chopped nuts.
Voila! Dip into a glass of Golden Milk and enjoy 'Living the Golden Life!'